Forum: wxRuby some question, calendar and notification

2aa32559134aa3d596fb749f8ffccde7?d=identicon&s=25 hendra kusuma (Guest)
Dear All,
I have some question regarding on wxwidget

Is there a way to add tooltip into a date in calendarctrl?

Is there a build in way to do notification like notification in ubuntu
or in
thunderbird?

Regards,
Hendra
2aa32559134aa3d596fb749f8ffccde7?d=identicon&s=25 hendra kusuma (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:51 AM, hendra kusuma
<penguinroad@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have some question regarding on wxwidget
>
> Is there a way to add tooltip into a date in calendarctrl?
>
> Is there a build in way to do notification like notification in ubuntu or
> in thunderbird?

More question

Is there a way to make window shows on desktop always on bottom
and never be minimized even when we click show desktop icon?
On 22/04/2010 04:51, hendra kusuma wrote:
> Is there a way to add tooltip into a date in calendarctrl?

Try something like:

1) Use evt_motion to track where the mouse is within the CalendarCtrl
2) CalendarCtrl#hit_test to work out what date is being covered
3) then Window#tooltip= / set_tooltip to set the appropriate text to
show on hover.

I haven't done this for CalendarCtrl but it works well with
StyledTextCtrl.
> Is there a build in way to do notification like notification in ubuntu
> or in thunderbird?
http://www.rhinocerus.net/forum/lang-ruby/66940-wx...

Not in core wxWidgets 2.8 - I've seen it discussed. Those kind of
notifications aren't part of the core UI in OS X (and maybe GNOME) -
applications that have them rely on add-on frameworks eg Growl. You
might use another package eg:

http://segment7.net/projects/ruby/growl/
http://growl.info/documentation/developer/ruby-support.php

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Alex Fenton <alex@pressure.to> wrote:

> on hover.
> applications that have them rely on add-on frameworks eg Growl. You might
> use another package eg:
>
> http://segment7.net/projects/ruby/growl/
> http://growl.info/documentation/developer/ruby-support.php

Well, I found notify
http://rubygems.org/gems/notify
It does what I need about notification, at least on Ubuntu
(the author said it is cross platform, but I have not tried it)

Also about hit_test, I don't know how to use it

*hit_test*(Point <file:///home/hendra/ruby/wxruby-doc/html/point.html>
pos,
                                 DateTime
<file:///home/hendra/ruby/wxruby-doc/html/datetime.html> date = nil,

                                 DateTime::WeekDay wd = nil)

I assume point is get from
Point.new(event.get_x, event.get_y)
But what about date?
I put Time.now there and it gives me error?
How should I use this?
On 29/04/2010 04:30, hendra kusuma wrote:
> I put Time.now there and it gives me error?
This method should have a mapping so that it accepts a single Point
argument and returns a DateTime object. This is how similar methods work
in other classes, but I'm afraid I think the mapping has been missed for
this class & method. Could you report it as a bug please and I'll fix
for next release.

thanks
alex
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Alex Fenton <alex@pressure.to> wrote:

>>                                  DateTime::WeekDay  wd = nil)|
> class & method. Could you report it as a bug please and I'll fix for next
> release.
>
> thanks
> alex

Ok, I already submit this to bug tracker
Hope to see it coming