Forum: Typo Preventing caching for theme development

9d9011a0e7137b46d3007f0a3ddfdb8d?d=identicon&s=25 Zach Rose (Guest)
I've seen a number of posts on this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/typo-list@rubyforge.or...
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/typo-list/2005-Augu...
http://scottstuff.net/blog/2005/08/08/problems-wit...

I'm probably still missing something. When I go to edit the layout file
in
my theme, my site won't update until I select a different theme, load
the
page, reselect my theme, and load the page again. I've tried running
'script/server -e development', clearing the typo cache, and changing my
environment files.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zach
8ddb7e050630225704ee5b628235c5f5?d=identicon&s=25 Fabiano Francesconi (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:27:02PM -0700, Zach Rose wrote:
> environment files.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Zach

I agree with you that's quite confusing.
For my experience, I've discovered that putting typo into dev mode and
applying changes into the /public directory is the best way to apply
changes without re-deploying and sweeping the cache all the time.