Forum: Typo after Typo 6.0.4 upgrade - can't activate any sidebars

D113b9bea0587056b59608bd402c2975?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Dagdigian (Guest)
Hi folks,

Followed the upgrade instructions a while back but experienced a really
odd case not covered by the upgrade warnings. I have an empty sidebar
and I can't add anything, including the standard built-in elements.

The site is http://gridengine.info

The error when I try to add a simple sidebar like "Categories" appears
to be this:

> NoMethodError (undefined method `inject' for nil:NilClass):
>   app/controllers/admin/sidebar_controller.rb:26:in `set_active'

The symptom in the admin interface is the "spinning" icon hanging
forever. Basically the blog engine is up but I can't add anything to the
sidebar.

Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
8f6b8e99f52f0928287b01a006950f52?d=identicon&s=25 Matijs van Zuijlen (mvz)
Hi Chris,

I just realized I committed a change this weekend that might fix your
issue. The rest of the code is a bit in flux right now, so you may not
want to switch to git master for your production blog :-). However, you
might try applying the patch from this commit:

https://github.com/fdv/typo/commit/ce2e5ac880f09f7...

Regards,
Matijs.