Forum: JRuby Status and future of glassfish gem

C28956d74ca773f131d3c66a62f4893e?d=identicon&s=25 Gunnar Djurberg (gdj)
on 2010-04-04 14:48
I was looking for a hint on my problem with using the glassfish gem and
came across some worrying information:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/207003#new

It seems the developers of gfgem has abandoned ship. Any thoughts on
this?

"JRuby Guys", EngineYard: what do make of this? What is your recommended
approach for deploying JROR apps and how (and when) will provide
something on EY?
C28956d74ca773f131d3c66a62f4893e?d=identicon&s=25 Gunnar Djurberg (gdj)
on 2010-04-04 15:12
BTW: I could try and help out with the gem, but I do not have the
appropriate skills. I know java but not enough about the app server env,
I've not used glassfish and never built a gem.
Bc1f306c4526643e6524030285884318?d=identicon&s=25 Albert Ramstedt (Guest)
+1 on wanting to help, as I said in the other thread. It was a long
time I did anything in Java though, but building ruby gems and hacking
ruby is not a problem.

I managed to build the jars in the repo:

svn co https://svn.dev.java.net/svn/glassfish-scripting/trunk/rails
(guest, blank)

To build the various pomfiles you just cd into the appropriate dirs
and use maven.

Thats about as far as I got, and I would appreciate if anyone familiar
with the project could write up some kind of high-level description of
the project.

Albert

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Gunnar Djurberg <lists@ruby-forum.com>

Ok, I have to confess that this reply is an auto advertisement and I'll
send
another mail later with a more properly subject.

I just release a new version of Trinidad, a Rack application server on
top
of Apache Tomcat, perhaps you could give it a try:

http://github.com/calavera/trinidad

jruby -S gem install trinidad

As an extra point I have to say that I got a completely different job,
not
related with ruby nor rails, some time ago and I didn't leave its
development and I'm not thinking about either :P

Cheers

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Albert Ramstedt
F1d37642fdaa1662ff46e4c65731e9ab?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Nutter (headius)
At the moment I'd probably recommend we evaluate the complexity of the
GF gem versus David Calavera's Tomcat-based Trinidad. The latter may
be easier for us to consume, even though the former has had some
refinement and may have more features (for now).

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Albert Ramstedt
<albert.ramstedt@gmail.com> wrote:
> and use maven.
>> I've not used glassfish and never built a gem.

Existing account

No account? Register here.