Forum: Ruby on Rails SVN and 'rake doc'

Ef5ab33bba8dd9ca281e42c7a1642113?d=identicon&s=25 Gabriel Birke (archangel77)
on 2005-11-27 11:40
Hello!

It seems like the 'doc' task of rake doesn't play well with SVN:
After running "rake doc" for a changed file, the "svn status" command
shows a tilde before the doc/app directory. When I run "svn update" I
get the error message "Working copy 'doc/app' is missing or not locked".
I then have to delete the app directory to be able to run "svn update",
losing my newly generated documentation.

What causes this error and what can I do to avoid the error?
How can I generate the rdoc and still be able to use SVN?
Is this some configuration error on my part or is this a problem with
the rakefile?

I'm using RoR 0.13 on Mac OS X 10.4.3 with the SVN command line client
1.2.3
0f1e2ec122971063c71677aa03bfe038?d=identicon&s=25 lists (Guest)
Do you not have to add the files to the repository before updating,
via 'svn add newfile.txt'? I may have misunderstood, but i think you
have missed out adding the files.
Ef5ab33bba8dd9ca281e42c7a1642113?d=identicon&s=25 Gabriel Birke (archangel77)
on 2005-11-27 12:17
lists wrote:
> Do you not have to add the files to the repository before updating,
> via 'svn add newfile.txt'? I may have misunderstood, but i think you
> have missed out adding the files.

I have added the files some revisions ago and I have an old version of
the generated documentation in my repository.