Forum: Rails Engines fixnum problem

C47f6de6496ad82e944572ed2c3ec458?d=identicon&s=25 Manish Belsare (manish_belsare)
Sir can i know what is the meaning of the phrase 'comparison of Fixnum
with nil failed'

I want to pass two parameters to a method in a model file..
bt wen i pass an integer then it gives the above error..
Please help..
Cdeb3717947dec41ae5dc2e777ec0840?d=identicon&s=25 Cynthia Kiser (Guest)
Quoting manish belsare <manishbelsare2003@gmail.com>:
> Sir can i know what is the meaning of the phrase 'comparison of Fixnum
> with nil failed'
>
> I want to pass two parameters to a method in a model file..
> bt wen i pass an integer then it gives the above error..
> Please help..

Sounds to me like you have nothing (nil) when you expect something
(perhaps the integer?). Does your method then try to do some sort of
comparison, for example:
  if myparam > 3

If myparam is nil for some reason, you might get that error. Try
logging your input just after you get into the method. You may also
want to log its class (e.g. myparam.class).
C47f6de6496ad82e944572ed2c3ec458?d=identicon&s=25 Manish Belsare (manish_belsare)
on 2010-03-07 20:12
sir even if i try to call a method with a different name in the same
Model file than also i get the same Finxum problem..

 I want to know what does that error mean?
Cdeb3717947dec41ae5dc2e777ec0840?d=identicon&s=25 Cynthia Kiser (Guest)
Quoting Manish Belsare <manishbelsare2003@gmail.com>:
> sir even if i try to call a method with a different name in the same
> Model file than also i get the same Finxum problem..
>
>  I want to know what does that error mean?

This really isn't an Engines related question. You should probably be
be asking this on the general Rails forum;
  rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com

When you post there, please include the code that is erroring and the
full error message - including stack trace. Without seeing the actual
code, it is nearly impossible to determain the cause of the error in
enough detail to explain it.
4f07ba56eed865e99ca67ef81bdc3d53?d=identicon&s=25 ross win ross (ross123456)
on 2011-04-14 09:01
It is hard to understand it.
Deb88d4fabe594a349af988d20a4ea7c?d=identicon&s=25 susan01 express (mytony)
on 2011-09-28 03:04
add code on post here.