Forum: Ruby on Rails US Graduate Programs...

7f4d868adb4a96f10e7a92532ee9985f?d=identicon&s=25 jeff (Guest)
Hey Railers,

I am thinking about going back to school for a master's degree.  I would
really like to focus studies on web-centric technologies.  Topics like
database design, computer-user interaction, framework design, software
engineering, law & computing, load profiling & management, information
aggregation/management, etc.  Know what I mean?

The schools I've looked up so far only offer programs in the "classics"
(coughboringcough)...stuff like robtics/AI, numerical analysis, advanced
graphics, operating systems, etc.  Does anyone have experience or
reccomendations for a more appealing program/school?

Thanks,
Jeff
Cee0292fffa691f1fb320d5400200e99?d=identicon&s=25 marcel (Guest)
On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 03:38:05AM -0500, Jeff Casimir wrote:
> I am thinking about going back to school for a master's degree.  I would
> really like to focus studies on web-centric technologies.  Topics like
> database design, computer-user interaction, framework design, software
> engineering, law & computing, load profiling & management, information
> aggregation/management, etc.  Know what I mean?
>
> The schools I've looked up so far only offer programs in the "classics"
> (coughboringcough)...stuff like robtics/AI, numerical analysis, advanced
> graphics, operating systems, etc.  Does anyone have experience or
> reccomendations for a more appealing program/school?

The Media Lab at MIT:
http://www.media.mit.edu/

marcel