Forum: Ruby Ruby 1.9 and RMagick

56c8db2891b2d2714ff22be005859285?d=identicon&s=25 Alex DeCaria (deke)
on 2010-02-17 17:15
The only application keeping me from going completely to Ruby 1.9 (from
1.8) is RMagick.  Can RMagick be used on Windows with Ruby 1.9?  If so,
what do I need to do to install it?  There isn't an RMagick Gem yet for
Ruby 1.9 that I can find.

--Alex DeCaria
Alex DeCaria wrote:
> The only application keeping me from going completely to Ruby 1.9 (from
> 1.8) is RMagick.  Can RMagick be used on Windows with Ruby 1.9?  If so,
> what do I need to do to install it?  There isn't an RMagick Gem yet for
> Ruby 1.9 that I can find.

source is the only way.

some clues:

http://www.waydotnet.com/blog/2010/02/rmagick-on-r...

and

"- install using official ImageMagick installer for Windows
- set DFImageMagick environment variable to where I installed it
- set PATH=%DFImageMagick%;%PATH% (if you don't already have it in PATH)
- set CPATH=%DFImageMagick%\include;%CPATH%
- set LIBRARY_PATH=%DFImageMagick%\lib;%LIBRARY_PATH%
- gem install rmagick
"

from

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller/brows...