Forum: Rails I18n Different Load Mechanism for I18n

0211880ce079559b1247cb1aa718185b?d=identicon&s=25 menostos (Guest)
I've spent some time developing a plugin for i18n.

What it actually does, is to extend the i18n to support different load
mechanisms.
First of all there is the simple everyone knows.

Then i created a new Loader which loads the files from directories
like the classic one.
But when loading the content of a file, it is not just merged all
together.
What it actually does is checkout where the translation file is
located and depending on it's path, it pushes the translations in that
position in the translation hash.

For me the translation files look more dry.

I don't know if it's usefull to somebody, but check it out:
http://github.com/menostos/i18n_nested
Adce10d7f1dbabcdab8f525a59cec32f?d=identicon&s=25 Andrés Gutiérrez (andresgutgon)
is more faster than default?

--
Experiencia es lo que obtienes, cuando no obtienes lo que quieres.
0211880ce079559b1247cb1aa718185b?d=identicon&s=25 menostos (Guest)

i don't know if it matters if it's faster because i don't think many
of production applications going to load translations on each request.
2010/2/6 menostos <marius.haechler@gmail.com>

> actually i think not, because you're probably gone load more files
> than before. but the translation will still be as fast as before.
>
> i don't know if it matters if it's faster because i don't think many
> of production applications going to load translations on each request.
>
> is true. Thanks

> > > mechanisms.
> > > For me the translation files look more dry.
> > "Caminar sobre el agua y desarrollar software a partir de unas
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rails-i18n?hl=en.

--
Experiencia es lo que obtienes, cuando no obtienes lo que quieres.
402602a60e500e85f2f5dc1ff3648ecb?d=identicon&s=25 Sven Fuchs (Guest)
Nice!

I've added this to the wiki: http://rails-i18n.org/wiki
0211880ce079559b1247cb1aa718185b?d=identicon&s=25 menostos (Guest)
Seems like it has already been removed from the wiki...