Forum: IronRuby File.symlink

99b1f0c67bec23747d007e27d000487b?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Riley (Guest)
While working with Ivan on the amp project, I came across a windows
error
when trying to create symlinks using File.symlink. This is
well-documented<http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/File.html#M00...
has a
few <http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/85/1697/Dir.html>
fixes<http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/...,
but nothing realistic. The Windows-only implementation of Ruby, wuby,
uses
the mklink in Vista and Win7 to create symlinks. While this isn't
necessarily a consideration for IronRuby, I was wondering if any of you
have
come across a decent solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Ryan Riley

Email: ryan.riley@panesofglass.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/
Ade8632553a9243ae05fc920f68644c1?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Deville (Guest)
Wasn’t Wuby an April Fool’s joke?

I would love to see us support Junctions and links down the road, but I
don’t see that happening until post 1.0.

JD

well-documented<http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/File.html#M002533>
and has a few<http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/85/1697/Dir.html>

Email: ryan.riley@panesofglass.org<mailto:ryan.riley@panesofglass.org>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/
Ade8632553a9243ae05fc920f68644c1?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Deville (Guest)
Note, that when I say this, I mean it as me, not as some official word
from the team ;)

[...]

Yes, I found the link at the bottom to the definition of gullible. Hmm
maybe not gullible, but certainly not journalistic material. :) At the
moment, I found a work-around, but I'd be interested into looking into
this
further down the road.