Forum: Rails deployment Rails start/stop without using mongrel

5448c6f0d97c358eafd1c1ae1381d496?d=identicon&s=25 Periyasamy Ramachandiran (periyasamy)

I have to get rid of Mongrel and process the http requests directly from
Tomcat/Apach. Is there any tool or do we have to handle in code?. How to
run the rails application without using mongrel.

Can you guys reply me how can we handle this?.

Thanks:)
Periyasamy
5448c6f0d97c358eafd1c1ae1381d496?d=identicon&s=25 Periyasamy Ramachandiran (periyasamy)
on 2009-12-09 10:30
Periyasamy Ramachandiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to get rid of Mongrel and process the http requests directly from
> Tomcat/Apach. Is there any tool or do we have to handle in code?. How to
> run the rails application without using mongrel.
>
> Can you guys reply me how can we handle this?.
>
> Thanks:)
> Periyasamy

Hi,

Fine. I installed Phusion passenger on my centOS system as the
installation instruction. I also added the below lines in apache config
file,

<VirtualHost *:80>
      ServerName localhost
      DocumentRoot /root/projectname/public    # <-- be sure to point to
'public'!
      <Directory /root/projectname/public>
         AllowOverride all              # <-- relax Apache security
settings
         Options -MultiViews            # <-- MultiViews must be turned
off
      </Directory>
   </VirtualHost>
Then i started the appache by the command, "service httpd start". But i
am getting the failed as below,
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 999 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
DocumentRoot takes one argument, Root directory of the document tree
[FAILED].

Can you help anybody. Did i mistake in my apache config file?. What i
have to correct?. Plz.

Thanks,
Periyasamy.

Thanks,