Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Class Table Inheritance

071bed059d68c032b5c07129192ab52c?d=identicon&s=25 marcora (Guest)
Martin May wrote:
> I've looked at these methods using PostgreSQL, and they seem fine for
> most cases. However, what about polymorphism? If I request all objects
> of a parent type, is there a way to get all the objects of the subtypes
> as well WITHOUT issuing tons and tons of queries?
>
> Something to think about...

An ORM that I've seen able to implement CTI and polymorphic object calls
is
SQLObject v7 by Ian Bicking. It's written in Python.

I really miss CTI in RoR. Expecially for the 'CMSish' scenarios
described in
this thread, where STI doesn't make sense at all.

Is anybody developing CTI for Rails?!?

Edoardo "Dado" Marcora