Forum: Rails Engines migrations possible?

Was there ever any concensus on how to get migrations to run with the
latest versions of engines?
Do I need to write a plugin that will do it for me?
Thanks!
-r
Roger Pack wrote:
> Was there ever any concensus on how to get migrations to run with the
> latest versions of engines?
> Do I need to write a plugin that will do it for me?
> Thanks!
> -r

To answer my own question, it appears (?) that the standard way is to
use only timestamped migrations, and copy them all into db/migrations.

And that the standard way to copy plugin assets is to write a helper to
do it for you in init.rb or environment.rb

Is that right?

Would it be possible for the engines plugin itself to include a couple
of rake tasks to do these for us?  Thanks.
-r