Forum: GNU Radio message queue in grc

Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
I have noticed that you can't add a message queue to a GRC flowgraph.
Why is
that? Is the reason technical, or that no one bothered to write the .xml
file?

And is the message queue going to be deprecated in gnuradio 3.3?

Thank you

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a
mosquito!" - Amnesty International
Josh Blum (Guest)
In the current master, there is a message source and message sink block
in grc. And you can create custom blocks with ports of type "msg" and
connect them! However, blocks with both a msg input AND a msg output are
currently unsupported.

Also, It should be noted that this functionality will likely be removed
when we get PMTs up and running... and PMT based packet encoder/decoders
for mac layer and such/

-Josh
Eric Blossom (Guest)
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:13:21PM +0200, Dimitris Symeonidis wrote:
> I have noticed that you can't add a message queue to a GRC flowgraph. Why is
> that? Is the reason technical, or that no one bothered to write the .xml
> file?
>
> And is the message queue going to be deprecated in gnuradio 3.3?

The functionality provided by the existing message queue will be
provided by a new mechanism.

Eric
Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
That's true, thank you Josh!

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
157d3267bbb5765bc60f44bd00007424?d=identicon&s=25 Evariste S. (evariste_s)
Is there a way to send & receive a character, let's say for example 'a',
through USRPs? I have tried in vain with GRC as well with Python, but
nothing successfully. In GRC I couldn't find a msg queue block. In the
python code, packing and unpacking don't give satisfaction. I need some
suggestions!

Greatly appreciate your sharing.

Eva
3c2a5ac5bce1754ed9955ddd729f27f7?d=identicon&s=25 Evariste S. (evariste_s35)
I am just adding the flow-graph. As you can observe, msg queue blocs are
lacking. Also, please pay attention to the whole graph because my DSP
knowledge is still basic

Thank you for your suggestion!

Eva