Forum: GNU Radio message queue in grc

C0ba64b9e5a62ed77295b79b63ab87c0?d=identicon&s=25 Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
I have noticed that you can't add a message queue to a GRC flowgraph.
Why is
that? Is the reason technical, or that no one bothered to write the .xml
file?

And is the message queue going to be deprecated in gnuradio 3.3?

Thank you

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a
mosquito!" - Amnesty International
4252201ac30d6dd44d8090ce1070e35f?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Blum (Guest)
In the current master, there is a message source and message sink block
in grc. And you can create custom blocks with ports of type "msg" and
connect them! However, blocks with both a msg input AND a msg output are
currently unsupported.

Also, It should be noted that this functionality will likely be removed
when we get PMTs up and running... and PMT based packet encoder/decoders
for mac layer and such/

-Josh
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:13:21PM +0200, Dimitris Symeonidis wrote:
> I have noticed that you can't add a message queue to a GRC flowgraph. Why is
> that? Is the reason technical, or that no one bothered to write the .xml
> file?
>
> And is the message queue going to be deprecated in gnuradio 3.3?

The functionality provided by the existing message queue will be
provided by a new mechanism.

Eric
C0ba64b9e5a62ed77295b79b63ab87c0?d=identicon&s=25 Dimitris Symeonidis (Guest)
That's true, thank you Josh!

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International
5386136e3149900c803694fcce8d615a?d=identicon&s=25 Evariste S. (evariste_s)
Is there a way to send & receive a character, let's say for example 'a',
through USRPs? I have tried in vain with GRC as well with Python, but
nothing successfully. In GRC I couldn't find a msg queue block. In the
python code, packing and unpacking don't give satisfaction. I need some
suggestions!

Greatly appreciate your sharing.

Eva
64d5a9755a6c1b60494abfe44d279b24?d=identicon&s=25 Evariste S. (evariste_s35)
I am just adding the flow-graph. As you can observe, msg queue blocs are
lacking. Also, please pay attention to the whole graph because my DSP
knowledge is still basic

Thank you for your suggestion!

Eva
Existing account