Forum: Ruby on Rails Presenting Realtime on Rails

733b5983d61a6f9c0c7ba59834fdf90f?d=identicon&s=25 wooyay (Guest)
Hi all,

check out http://ccml01.medien.uni-weimar.de:8071/simplechat

It is a realtime chat application programmed with rails that uses an
ajax server push connection under Mozilla (x-mixed-replace).
All other clients like IE, Opera and Safari poll for new information
every five seconds.

We just finished the first version of the push connection framework,
which includes a HTTP push server prorammed in Ruby and Javascript
Objects to access it.
All messages going to the browser are JSON-RPC encoded. The framework
can be used for more complex applications like browser games,
collaborative applications and other stuff gaingin from realtime
communication.

More information under
http://www.uni-weimar.de/~scheffl2/wordpress/?p=19

Cheers,
Martin
24d2f8804e6bb4b7ea6bd11e0a586470?d=identicon&s=25 jeremy (Guest)