Forum: Nitro Nitro IRC channel

7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)
Dear all,
As you know I am not working on the old Nitro/Ruby framework. However I
am
actively working on a JavaScript version of Nitro:

github.com/gmosx/nitro
www.nitrojs.org/docs

Today I logged in #nitro on FreeNode. The topic says that Nitro is not
in
active development. And I cannot change it.

Since I am using the same channel for the new version of Nitro, I am
wondering if someone could make me an operator in the channel so I can
change the topic.

thank you,
George.

PS: Feel free to have a look at the new Nitro version, I think
JavaScript on
the server side rocks!
86e33dee4a89a8879a26487051c216a8?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Fellinger (Guest)
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 8:40 AM, George
Moschovitis<george.moschovitis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> As you know I am not working on the old Nitro/Ruby framework. However I am
> actively working on a JavaScript version of Nitro:
> github.com/gmosx/nitro
> www.nitrojs.org/docs
> Today I logged in #nitro on FreeNode. The topic says that Nitro is not in
> active development. And I cannot change it.
> Since I am using the same channel for the new version of Nitro, I am
> wondering if someone could make me an operator in the channel so I can
> change the topic.

According to chanserv, the #nitro channel is not registered and nobody
is operator.
What you should do in this case, is join #freenode and ask for some
staff member to help you register the channel.
It seems a bit odd that it doesn't belong to anyone anymore, I thought
you had it registered some time ago.
Also sorry about the strange kind of advertising in the topic, haven't
been in the channel for a long time, and didn't notice it was there or
I'd have asked staff to remove it.

> thank you,
> George.
>
> PS: Feel free to have a look at the new Nitro version, I think JavaScript on
> the server side rocks!

I'll definitely take a look, the docs look quite promising, does it
run on spidermonkey?
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)

> I'll definitely take a look, the docs look quite promising, does it
> run on spidermonkey?

It runs on top of Narwhal (www.narwhaljs.org) which will eventually run
on
top of Spidermonkey.

At the moment it runs just great on Rhino.

regards,
-g.
Ff9e18f0699bf079f1fc91c8d4506438?d=identicon&s=25 James Britt (Guest)
George Moschovitis wrote:

>     I'll definitely take a look, the docs look quite promising, does it
>     run on spidermonkey?
>

> It runs on top of Narwhal (www.narwhaljs.org <http://www.narwhaljs.org>)
> which will eventually run on top of Spidermonkey.
>
> At the moment it runs just great on Rhino.

I spent a brief amount of time looking at it and had some issues, but it
does look promising.  When I have more time I'll give it another go and
let you know if I still have trouble.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com            - Smart application development
7a4e995e378ef66de0ceaea5e1381ee1?d=identicon&s=25 George Moschovitis (Guest)
It has improved a lot lately, I will gladly help you get up and running.
I am extremely happy with the new code, I think you will like the
simplicity.

regards,
George.