Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Rails vs J2EE

Ff9e18f0699bf079f1fc91c8d4506438?d=identicon&s=25 james.britt (Guest)
Jonas Alves wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm doing a research for college about using Rails for enterprise
> application development versus an MVC Java framework using struts and
> OJB. I need to refer all the architectural patterns, since the data
> source and domain logic patterns till the web presentation patterns.
> Could you guys please tell me the pros and cons you found about using
> Rails.

It's not J2EE.

  :)

It's Ruby, so I write less code, and the code I do write is focused on
what *I* want to do, not what the compiler/language/framework wants me
to do.

If Rails is doing something I don't quite understand, I have all the
source code so I can go look under the hood.  And if I decide I don't
care for something, it is fairly easy to change.

A possible con may be execution speed, though so far it hasn't been an
issue for me in any Rails app I've done.

James