Forum: Ruby on Rails Issues with MySql database encoding

09ca7bd1bc03a735ed913a9de3f4370b?d=identicon&s=25 Mindtonic (Guest)
Hello, I am working on an international project that requires UTF-8
encoding for letter characters.  I have successfully changed my local
development machine to UTF-8 and all characters are holding as they
should.  However, my production server is a Solaris box, and it is not
holding the proper characters even after I change the database
encoding.

I would prefer not to use htmlentites as it can be quite messy and
does not yield an accurate search result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
09ca7bd1bc03a735ed913a9de3f4370b?d=identicon&s=25 Mindtonic (Guest)
database.yml is set properly (has been from the beginning):

production:
  adapter: mysql
  encoding: utf8
On Jun 9, 5:48 pm, Mindtonic <mindto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> database.yml is set properly (has been from the beginning):
>
> production:
>   adapter: mysql
>   encoding: utf8

Are the encodings for the various columns set properly?

Fred
4c438a80fc30661ad619ea177cf9cbd0?d=identicon&s=25 Freddy Andersen (Guest)
How was the database created? Through MySQL SQL import? Does the sql
have UTF-8?