Forum: GNU Radio Using signals for reading from the Ethernet port

Adf0dd3b20b53b65f35b2acb2b01c42f?d=identicon&s=25 Natalia Olano (Guest)
Hello everyone,

Is it safe to use signals in the gnuradio framework?

I modified tunnel.py in order to read a control packet on the Ethernet
port asynchronously using SIGIO. The Ethernet packet could eventually
arrive when we are performing channel sensing or sending a packet and
interrupt that. Will the system recover if I just catch the Exception
and work the next time when I need to do carrier sensing and send a
packet? I think I am seeing some issues on this, for example, sensing
a carrier when there is no carrier present anymore. Besides, the code
on the signal handler is quite lengthy, is this likely to disturb the
gnuradio framework?

Thanks for your help
--
Natalia Olano
On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 05:31:11PM +0200, Natalia Olano wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Is it safe to use signals in the gnuradio framework?

No.

Eric