Forum: NGINX nginx create directories

Fcaa940f447c1c76afb8ee2448ba0461?d=identicon&s=25 Jérôme Loyet (Guest)
Hi igor, I have 2 questions:

1- is there a way to disable the creation of directories if they don't
exist (like fastcgi_temp or client_body_temp) and pop-up en emergency
message instead ? I don't want nginx to create top directories without
notify me. I prefer having an error and correct it myself than having
a directory created without knowing it presence.

2- I have fastcgi module compiled in nginx so I have to have the
fastcgi_temp directory present on my system even if I don't use
fastcgi at all. Is it possible to make it disable somehow ? (I can't
simply remove fastcgi module at compile time because it's a mutualized
server and some instances need fastcgi and others don't.

Thx igor
++ jerome
5640e332954fc0006aea97a155ce0afd?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Sysoev (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 05:51:32PM +0200, J?r?me Loyet wrote:

> fastcgi at all. Is it possible to make it disable somehow ? (I can't
> simply remove fastcgi module at compile time because it's a mutualized
> server and some instances need fastcgi and others don't.

No, there is no way to disable this.

Also, nginx creates only leaf directories, e.g.
for/spool/nginx/fastcgi_temp
it tries to create /spool/nginx/fastcgi_temp only, but not intermediate
/spool and /spool/nginx. If they do not exist, then nginx logs emergency
message.