Forum: NGINX Build fails when compiling with custom module... next steps?

4eac1f7d1ff86ab17e7a9dbe6af0b44b?d=identicon&s=25 Phillip Oldham (Guest)
Hi. I'm trying to compile nginx with a module which has worked with
older versions of nginx (0.5.x I believe). The error message I'm getting
isn't very helpful:

 > make: *** [build] Error 2

Is there a build log I can review so I can track down the problem? I'm
new to C development, and trying to get up-to-speed.

Thanks!
5640e332954fc0006aea97a155ce0afd?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Sysoev (Guest)
On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:01:41PM +0100, Phillip Oldham wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to compile nginx with a module which has worked with
> older versions of nginx (0.5.x I believe). The error message I'm getting
> isn't very helpful:
>
> > make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> Is there a build log I can review so I can track down the problem? I'm
> new to C development, and trying to get up-to-speed.

make outputs a building inforamtion to stdout, it seems you use some
package system that redirect make's stdout to a file.