Forum: Ruby on Rails GeoLocation for any Cell Phone with GPS

D1f3d779854573da0340bf53b0b625cc?d=identicon&s=25 flaubert (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm having the following problem: I need a user using any device of
any GPS is advised that at a certain place. I search on the net with
articles on Global Positioning RubyonRails, but without success.

Can anyone help me?
2009/6/6 flaubert <aflauberts@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having the following problem: I need a user using any device of
> any GPS is advised that at a certain place. I search on the net with
> articles on Global Positioning RubyonRails, but without success.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, could you try again,
possibly give an example of what you wish the user to be able to do,
in a bit more detail.

Colin
8a934bca2d929e50550e5d97e4e0ddcc?d=identicon&s=25 AGoofin (Guest)
A quick Google search turned up a few possibilities:

(ruby geolocation)
http://earthcode.com/blog/2007/02/geokit_map_plugin.html

There are a few ways though to take a lat/long and transpose them to a
map or do other fun things with them.  Try looking at Google maps as
well.