Forum: Ruby How do I install sqlite3 on Windows, no really!?

A7690aa3cc37bb04399041f0049bc21a?d=identicon&s=25 Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality (Guest)
Before someone comes in and says "this has been covered before," I know
people _think_ that it has been covered before but that isn't helping me
now.  People have been saying that all you have to do is use the
previous
version like so:

gem install sqlite3-ruby -v=1.2.3

    ...however, this isn't working for me.  The error I get... is
exactly
the same error you would get if you didn't bother specifying a version
number.  It looks like this is not the right syntax since it tries to
install 1.2.4.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the
correct syntax for this command is 'cause every combination I've tried
does
exactly the same thing!
    So, how do I install this crazy thing on Windows, no really?!
    Thank you...
> gem install sqlite3-ruby -v=1.2.3
>
>     ...however, this isn't working for me.  The error I get... is
> exactly
> the same error you would get if you didn't bother specifying a version
> number.  It looks like this is not the right syntax since it tries to
> install 1.2.4.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the
> correct syntax for this command is 'cause every combination I've tried
> does
> exactly the same thing!
>     So, how do I install this crazy thing on Windows, no really?!
>     Thank you...

You might need -v=1.2.3 --platform=mswin32 (?)
http://programming-gone-awry.blogspot.com/2009/05/...
might help.
Cheers!
-=r
A7690aa3cc37bb04399041f0049bc21a?d=identicon&s=25 Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality (Guest)
"Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality" <ihatespam@hotmail.com>
wrote
in message news:mwsWl.62105$fo6.48200@en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com...
> install 1.2.4.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the
> correct syntax for this command is 'cause every combination I've tried
> does exactly the same thing!
>    So, how do I install this crazy thing on Windows, no really?!
>    Thank you...

    I figured it out!
    I coincidentally had an sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4.gem file in the working
directory so gem must have been loading it regardless of what version I
specified.  Interesting...
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
On Jun 6, 8:35 am, "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality"
<ihates...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> install 1.2.4.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the
> correct syntax for this command is 'cause every combination I've tried does
> exactly the same thing!
>     So, how do I install this crazy thing on Windows, no really?!
>     Thank you...

You without providing more information about your ruby environment is
not helping us help you.

running "gem env" or at least tell the Windows version, the version of
ruby or *something* to help you.

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Anyhow, and even you don't like it, this has been covered in the list,
Google is your friend and you could get results form ruby-talk and
stack overflow about this issue.

You just need to start providing more information than "it just
fails". That is like going to a doctor and saying "it hurts", without
giving more details.