Forum: Ruby on Rails Loading partial after page loads

Ef5e61fcfe4397990807b68000055c7c?d=identicon&s=25 Scott (Guest)
For performance reasons, I need to render a partial asyncronously
(after the page loads).  I've already isolated the code into a
partial, but I haven't figured out how to render it after the page
loads.  Do I have to fire off the onload event in raw javascript?  Any
ideas how to do this?  It seems like a common problem, but I haven't
seen any solutions online for this.

Thanks,
Scott
E884d559ed311e48ec9831b895719b2a?d=identicon&s=25 Yanni Mac (yannimac)
on 2009-06-05 22:36
Yeah, you could do it with ajax and onload

maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=30266