Forum: GNU Radio what is the minimal transmission time for gnuradio

Dc2a307afadf4ee1447dee34ed7f020b?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
I am doing some experiment using benchmark_tx. The purpose is to let the
gnuradio to send small packages lasting for about 0.1 ms every 0.1
second.
However, even the payload is set to be " ", the burst time is still
around 0.2
ms. Is there any method will allow to control or detect the transmission
time
accurately? And is that possible to reduce this the minimal burst time?

Thanks a lot,
Ying

Quoting discuss-gnuradio-request@gnu.org:

>    4. Question on fir filter  implementation(gr_fir_ccf_generic) (isulsz)
>   13. Changes from 3.1 to 3.2? (Mikael Olofsson)
>     src = gr.vector_source_b(cadena,False)
>   File "./prueba2.py", line 13, in __init__
>     src = gr.vector_source_b(cadena,False)
>   File

"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_gengen.py",

http://www.nabble.com/Question-on-fir-filter-imple...

http://lists.gnu.org/pipermail/discuss-gnuradio/at...

B22e1b01ee2edc1bdd77eeb90fd4d5b4?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 06:01:25PM -0400, ywang06@vt.edu wrote:
> I am doing some experiment using benchmark_tx. The purpose is to let the
> gnuradio to send small packages lasting for about 0.1 ms every 0.1 second.
> However, even the payload is set to be " ", the burst time is still around 0.2
> ms. Is there any method will allow to control or detect the transmission time
> accurately? And is that possible to reduce this the minimal burst time?

benchmark_tx uses the GNU Radio framing/packaging module which does all
kinds of stuff. I recommend setting up your own flow graph if you want
precise control over the transmission time. 0.1 ms should not be a
problem.

However, if you're sending an n second burst every n seconds, you get
something continuous, right :)

MB