Forum: Ruby on Rails block pop-up for rails apps

Shuaib Z. (Guest)
Hi all

Sometimes on some ISP, my application pop ups some ads for that
company. However, some other websites do not get the pop up when I
open the website using the same ISP.

Is there a way that I can block those pop ups, thanks
Shuaib Z. (Guest)
any idea how can i stop the pop ups because my google ads campaing is
rejected due to this issue
Rob B. (Guest)
On May 29, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Shuaib85 wrote:
> any idea how can i stop the pop ups because my google ads campaing is
> rejected due to this issue

Pay for real hosting?

This is not a Rails question but an ISP question.
Shuaib Z. (Guest)
On May 29, 8:51 pm, Rob B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> On May 29, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Shuaib85 wrote:
>
> > any idea how can i stop the pop ups because my google ads campaing is
> > rejected due to this issue
>
> Pay for real hosting?

Yes, I am taking a real hosting plan.
Shuaib Z. (Guest)
Someone told me about a javascript code that solves this problem. I am
not sure whether this true or not
Jason Arora (Guest)
That's possible but then you would probably be in violation of your
ISP's T&C. Definitely go with real hosting.
Shuaib Z. (Guest)
Hi there
It is not my ISP. Some users ISPs pops up those ads for them
Colin L. (Guest)
2009/6/17 Shuaib Z. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> Hi there
> It is not my ISP. Some users ISPs pops up those ads for them

In that case why does it affect your google ads campain?
Colin
Shuaib Z. (Guest)
Google adword keeps stopping my ads saying your website has popups
which is against there rules