Forum: NGINX nginx and eaccelerator

38d8cf48c4f1fb7a87cf4b02d8a16b8d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Wilson (mindhunter77)
on 2009-05-27 23:59
Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?
0de2f671d213ed51e615890465ea6097?d=identicon&s=25 APseudoUtopia (Guest)
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Chris Wilson <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?
> --

I believe in the documentation it suggests that you set
worker_processes to the number of CPU cores on the system.

As for how this influences a PHP Opcode cacher, I'm not sure. I
currently run XCache with my setup, and it does seem to be working
just fine. Although I have not looked into the memory usage of PHP as
of yet.
5640e332954fc0006aea97a155ce0afd?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Sysoev (Guest)
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:59:27PM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?

nginx does not launch PHP processes, therefore there is no relations
between nginx worker and PHP processes.
38d8cf48c4f1fb7a87cf4b02d8a16b8d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Wilson (mindhunter77)
on 2009-05-28 19:15
Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:59:27PM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
>> Should worker_processes be kept to 1, I read somewhere that with lighty
>> you should do this or all the information for eaccelerator gets
>> duplicated with each process, is this an issue with nginx?
>
> nginx does not launch PHP processes, therefore there is no relations
> between nginx worker and PHP processes.

Great Thanks!