Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby and MySql

09a4bad020098ee548e892becdfe9fe3?d=identicon&s=25 William Downs (glorifindal)
on 2009-05-26 23:04
Hi there - new to RoR but very excited about it indeed -

I have just manged to install everything.

However, when I browse to http://localhost:3000/ then click the "About
your application’s environment" - from the console I get :

  no such file to load -- mysql

Perhaps someone can tell from my configuration what is wrong ??? What I
may be missing ??

My configuration is

    * Mac OSX 10.4.11
    * Ruby - v 1.8.6
    * Rails
    * Mongrel
    * RubyGems 1.3.3
    * MYSQL 5.0.27

database.yml file =

development:
  adapter: mysql
  encoding: utf8
  database: temp_development
  username: root
  password:
  socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

# Warning: The database defined as 'test' will be erased and
# re-generated from your development database when you run 'rake'.
# Do not set this db to the same as development or production.
test:
  adapter: mysql
  encoding: utf8
  database: temp_test
  username: root
  password:
  socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

production:
  adapter: mysql
  encoding: utf8
  database: temp_production
  username: root
  password:
  socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

Many thanks in advance

Glorifindal
B0f6756b62559d43213636dde11bb785?d=identicon&s=25 BenH (Guest)
Does the database exist that you are connecting to?
#> mysqladmin create temp_development

also ensure you have the mysql gem installed (current versions of
rails require the native gem)

#> sudo gem install mysql

lastly make sure your project can communicate with the database
rake db:migrate

If all is well the only thing you should have to do in the future is
ensure the database exists with the mysqladmin command.

On May 26, 2:04 pm, William Downs <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
On May 26, 10:04 pm, William Downs <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> Perhaps someone can tell from my configuration what is wrong ??? What I
> may be missing ??

looks like you're missing the mysql gem (ruby bindings for the mysql
library)

Fred
09a4bad020098ee548e892becdfe9fe3?d=identicon&s=25 William Downs (glorifindal)
on 2009-05-27 00:23
Hey guys - that was a fast answer -

with your help, and with this link

I got it running - MANY MANY thanks