Forum: Ruby spicycode-rcov binaries for windows machine

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
87f286f3b161df7d76366138e9c6ed4a?d=identicon&s=25 Tamil Ramasmy (codewriter149)
on 2009-05-22 16:23
hi, I am (sadly) PC user and i would like to get spicycode-rcov working
for cucumber and selenium. I could not compile and install
spicycode-rcov since i dont have nmake.exe and cl.exe which is only part
of visula studio.

I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
error.

"MSC version unmatch"

It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
and the one that I tried with.

Could someone help me with this please???
4375b4aca04b8d72482fd409fb6d0b47?d=identicon&s=25 Roderick van Domburg (roderickvd)
on 2009-05-22 17:58
Tamil Ramasmy wrote:
> I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
> error.
>
> "MSC version unmatch"
>
> It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
> and the one that I tried with.

Most Ruby binaries on Windows are still compiled with Visual Studio 6.0.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.com
87f286f3b161df7d76366138e9c6ed4a?d=identicon&s=25 Tamil Ramasmy (codewriter149)
on 2009-05-27 16:48
Thanks Roderick!!
Finally i switched to cygwin platform on DOS. though, I am facing some
issues, i can have them working in few days!! thanks for your answer.

Roderick van Domburg wrote:
> Tamil Ramasmy wrote:
>> I tried installing Visual Studio 2008 and that spitted out the below
>> error.
>>
>> "MSC version unmatch"
>>
>> It looks like  some version mismatch between compiler that was required
>> and the one that I tried with.
>
> Most Ruby binaries on Windows are still compiled with Visual Studio 6.0.
>
> --
> Roderick van Domburg
> http://www.nedforce.com
E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
on 2009-05-27 20:35
(Received via mailing list)
On May 27, 11:48 am, Tamil Ramasmy <tramasamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Roderick!!
> Finally i switched to cygwin platform on DOS. though, I am facing some
> issues, i can have them working in few days!! thanks for your answer.
>

Why you don't switch to MinGW based Ruby?

That is going to be the replacement for VC6 version:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/05/rubyinstaller...
http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/17/rubyinstaller...

Download 7zip packages, including the developer kit and follow the
instructions.

Then update rb-readline:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/05/19/pure-ruby-rea...

You can get rcov compiled just by gem install :-)

HTH,
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.