Forum: Ruby vim and '%': no brackets, how to navigate instead?

Ee2809522b2e56d0d6b656486bc5e0db?d=identicon&s=25 Markus Fischer (Guest)

coming from languages which extensively use brackets I'm very accustomed
in using % to jump between start/end. How this is getting a bit tricky,
if not to say "no possible" because of the lack of all the brackets
(which I find refreshing, btw).

But I guess it's not that easy, % would need to be able to jump between
"class" and "end", "if" and "end", "while" and "end", etc.

Is there an easy way to change this behavior or is there some kind of
ready-made plugin available? I'm runnig gvim on win32 and although it
has ruby support (compiled it; syntax files) it doesn't seem to support
this.

thanks,
- Markus
149379873fe2cb70e550c6bff8fedd0c?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Schwab (Guest)
Markus Fischer wrote:
> Is there an easy way to change this behavior or is there some kind of
> ready-made plugin available?

Yes:
http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/

I also highly recommend:

Jeff Schwab wrote:
> Markus Fischer wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to change this behavior or is there some kind of
>> ready-made plugin available?
>
> Yes:
> http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org/

thanks, it works now. However, it was my own stupidity actually. I found
that page already and I was reading about matchit but somehow wasn't
able to put the puzzle together.

For the record: gvim on Windows comes with everything already, it just
that the matchit plugin resides in the macro/ dir of vim and to use it,
it has to be in the plugin/ directory.

cheers,
- Markus