Forum: GNU Radio Re: Using a USRP as a PID feeback controller

823c7dc0a6dc8653bc4627b7ff42c271?d=identicon&s=25 Aviv Keshet (Guest)
I've got my verilog code for a USRP-based PID controller to the stage
where it
is more or less coherent, and commented. I made some modifications to
the top
level file, and added a few small .v modules.

What is the reigning protocol on this mailing list about .v file
attachments?
Can I just attach a few files? Once upon a time, when I was still knee
high to
a grasshopper, I got symphonically scolded for attaching a core dump to
some
open source project mailing list, so ever since I have been cautious...
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:45:00PM -0400, Aviv Keshet wrote:
> I've got my verilog code for a USRP-based PID controller to the stage where it
> is more or less coherent, and commented. I made some modifications to the top
> level file, and added a few small .v modules.
>
> What is the reigning protocol on this mailing list about .v file attachments?
> Can I just attach a few files? Once upon a time, when I was still knee high to
> a grasshopper, I got symphonically scolded for attaching a core dump to some
> open source project mailing list, so ever since I have been cautious...

Thanks for asking.  The best way is to post a link to the files, not
the files themselves.  (The primary issue is one of bandwidth.
E.g., 1MB attachment * 1000 subscribers = 1 GB).  If the sum total of
the attachments is under, say 50KB, then go ahead and attach them.

Eric