Forum: Ruby on Rails Getting bleeding edge rails

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
2eac5554aeb88694468a955a0db2b274?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Partogi (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 03:53
(Received via mailing list)
Dear all,

I would like to work on the latest rails version from github. I have
pulled
it and set my $GEM_PATH to where I pulled it : /home/joshua/rails/

But when I worked on it, gem barfed out and did not recognize it. But
when I
typed: gem environment, it displayed /home/joshua/rails/ as my $GEM_PATH

Can anyone that has worked with bleeding edge version tell me what is
the
proper way to do this?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards.

--
Join Scrum8.com.

http://scrum8.com/jpartogi/
http://twitter.com/scrum8
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 09:16
(Received via mailing list)
On May 22, 2:52 am, Joshua Partogi <joshua.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink
vendor/rails to your checkout from github)

Fred
2eac5554aeb88694468a955a0db2b274?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Partogi (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 15:46
(Received via mailing list)
On May 22, 5:14 pm, Frederick Cheung <frederick.che...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink
> vendor/rails to your checkout from github)

Thanks Frederick. But how come I don't get the 3-0-0-unstable branch ?
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-05-22 16:15
(Received via mailing list)
On May 22, 2:45 pm, Joshua Partogi <joshua.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 5:14 pm, Frederick Cheung <frederick.che...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink
> > vendor/rails to your checkout from github)
>
> Thanks Frederick. But how come I don't get the 3-0-0-unstable branch ?

because it just checks out master by default. Just checkout whatever
branch you need.

Fred
2eac5554aeb88694468a955a0db2b274?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Partogi (Guest)
on 2009-05-23 02:38
(Received via mailing list)
On May 23, 12:14 am, Frederick Cheung <frederick.che...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> because it just checks out master by default. Just checkout whatever
> branch you need.

Hi Frederick,

I've just realised I can't use symlink on windows. What is the
environment variables for ruby library path? I tried RUBYPATH and it
doesn't work. Thank you very much for helping.
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-05-23 12:04
(Received via mailing list)
> Hi Frederick,
>
> I've just realised I can't use symlink on windows. What is the
> environment variables for ruby library path? I tried RUBYPATH and it
> doesn't work. Thank you very much for helping.

in that case put your rails checkout from github in your_app/vendor/
rails

Fred
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.