Forum: RSpec rspec-rails: how to run checks?

Bce1d1b7c3ec7b577dcb42e254899e6b?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Schuerig (Guest)
I'm trying to run the specs of the rspec-rails master branch, but both
plain rake as well as rake spec fail. The default task fails because
there is no cucumber.yml. rake spec fails, when it requires a file that
is not part of the repo: rspec-rails/spec/spec_helper.rb refers to

require File.expand_path("#{dir}/../../../../spec/spec_helper")

Commenting out this line doesn't make everything magically work, of
course. However, when I do that, I hit "uninitialized constant
ActionController". So, I surmise that the missing spec_helper.rb among
other things sees to it that Rails is properly required.

Any hints on how to get the specs to work?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de

> I'm trying to run the specs of the rspec-rails master branch, but both
> plain rake as well as rake spec fail.

Right now the only way to run them is in the context of the rspec-dev
suite: http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-dev

I added this ticket:
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspe...

Please feel free to comment on that ticket.

Thanks,
David
<michael@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > I'm trying to run the specs of the rspec-rails master branch, but
> > both plain rake as well as rake spec fail.
>
> Right now the only way to run them is in the context of the rspec-dev
> suite: http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-dev
>
> I added this ticket:
> https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspe...
>
> Please feel free to comment on that ticket.

As a social workaround, would you mind to add a note to that effect to
the rspec-rails README?

Michael