Forum: GNU Radio problem with 'make install' on latest trunk

A183460a6345f698900d4394de8212ce?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Uher (Guest)
I think there might be a very small problem with the make install in
the latest trunk: it doesn't seem to copy the all the files
appropriately.

 if I do a straight up 'make install' the benchmark_*x.py examples fail
with:
"ImportError: No module named usrp_options"

It's easily solved by copying 'usrp_options.py' and 'generic_usrp.py'
from the co'd trunk to the examples directory, but I would think that
'make install' would do that for you.

Jason
On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 10:23 -0500, Jason Uher wrote:

> I think there might be a very small problem with the make install in
> the latest trunk: it doesn't seem to copy the all the files
> appropriately.
>
>  if I do a straight up 'make install' the benchmark_*x.py examples fail with:
> "ImportError: No module named usrp_options"
>
> It's easily solved by copying 'usrp_options.py' and 'generic_usrp.py'
> from the co'd trunk to the examples directory, but I would think that
> 'make install' would do that for you.

You are correct, there are two missing lines from the Makefile.am in
that directory.  I have fixed this already on a development branch I am
working on for the Ubuntu binary packaging, so I'll go ahead and merge
that to fix it and you can update.

Thanks for the bug report.

Johnathan
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Johnathan Corgan
<jcorgan@corganenterprises.com> wrote:

> You are correct, there are two missing lines from the Makefile.am in
> that directory.  I have fixed this already on a development branch I am
> working on for the Ubuntu binary packaging, so I'll go ahead and merge
> that to fix it and you can update.

This is done in r11072.

Johnathan