Forum: Ruby (windows 7,visual studio,ruby in steel) Qt4 not supported?

3b6402ca2b31c9e6846eb36ca3df7ce5?d=identicon&s=25 Olivier Lolveley (lolveley)
hello,

I want to use visual studio 2008 + ruby in steel (plugin ruby), and I
would like to create a simple program (containing _ say _ a  QMainWindow
containing a QLineEdit.)
the first statement of my program is : print require 'Qt4' and it
returns "true", so I thought Qt4 was supported (I don't remember if I
installed some particular stuff (apart Qt4) in order to use Qt4 with
ruby (I mean qt4-qtruby, or korumdum).

but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...

do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?

or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?

olivier.

On Wed, 20 May 2009 23:47:44 +0900, lolveley wrote:

> but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
> class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...
>
> do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?
>
> or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?
>
> olivier.

You've got the right library, but you have the naming convention for
classes in QtRuby wrong. While the C++ version uses names like
QMainWindow, the Qt version puts them in their own module, so you need
convert the name to Qt::MainWindow

--Ken