Forum: Ruby on Rails Getting Rates from FedEx Web Services

4070d2480bc3296fb94599d907a81b8c?d=identicon&s=25 Jason (Guest)
I am looking to retrieve just rate information from FedEx Web Services
API. I have the account information setup. After reviewing previous
posts most people recommend the Shipping gem. However, I only need to
get the rates from FedEx, so adding a gem seems overkill.

Does anyone have code they are willing to share that pulls rates and
parses the result? Any code samples or references are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Jason <mccreary.jason@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks,
> Jason

What do you mean you have the account information setup with FedEx?  Are
you
the
shipper in all cases?  If this is the case, you should be able to use
ActiveShipping:

http://github.com/Shopify/active_shipping/tree/master

Good luck,

-Conrad
4070d2480bc3296fb94599d907a81b8c?d=identicon&s=25 Jason (Guest)
I simply mean that I have setup an account with FedEx (API Key, etc).

I will take a look at ActiveShipping, as I also am working on a PayPal
script and leaning towards ActiveMerchant.

Does anyone know if installing these as a gem or plugin makes a
difference on a shared hosting environment? I worry that because of it
I won't be able to use it in production.
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Jason <mccreary.jason@gmail.com> wrote:

> I simply mean that I have setup an account with FedEx (API Key, etc).
>
> I will take a look at ActiveShipping, as I also am working on a PayPal
> script and leaning towards ActiveMerchant.
>
> Does anyone know if installing these as a gem or plugin makes a
> difference on a shared hosting environment? I worry that because of it
> I won't be able to use it in production.

In general, each project owner will generally provide proper
installation
instructions.

Good luck,

-Conrad