Forum: RSpec REG: Colour setting for html logs

F05e172ec1523b228e8abc6e36ff39bc?d=identicon&s=25 Anil Gollaa (ganil_22)
When i run some testcases using cucumber sample.feature --format
html>features.html.

1) After execution, By default in the html file, background colour is
black.
How can i set the background color any other colour i want. Like we can
set
other passed, failed colours using the below command.

export CUCUMBER_COLORS=passed=white

2) The generated HTML just gives the scenarios description but its doest
not show then no of scenarious passed or failed e.tc
How can get the information in htmloutput as well.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Anil kumar
3c28deaff162aeda44f2e0bcdca1dacf?d=identicon&s=25 Joseph Wilk (josephwilk)
Anil Gollaa wrote:
> export CUCUMBER_COLORS=passed=white

Currently we do not support customising any of the colours in the HTML
formatter. These are all defined within a css file.

Rather than passing colours on the command line for the HTML formatter I
would prefer if you could specify your own css file to use.

Perhaps:
@@@
cucumber --format html --css my_own_special_colours.css
@@@

The other option which is possible now is to create your own formatter
(http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cust...)
extending the HTML formatter. Overide 'def inline_css' so that it
provides your own CSS file.
> 2) The generated HTML just gives the scenarios description but its doest
> not show then no of scenarious passed or failed e.tc
> How can get the information in htmloutput as well.

We have a ticket open on this, please direct any input they have there.
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tic...
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks,
> Anil kumar

HTH,
--
Joseph Wilk
http://blog.josephwilk.net
>> other passed, failed colours using the below command.
> Perhaps:
> @@@
> cucumber --format html --css my_own_special_colours.css
> @@@
>
> The other option which is possible now is to create your own formatter
> (http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cust...) extending
> the HTML formatter. Overide 'def inline_css' so that it provides your own
> CSS file.

This is the option I recommend. I'm not keen on adding a new switch to
the cucumber command line just to accommodate for one of the
formatters.

>> Please help me in this regard.
Please help us by providing a patch.

Aslak