Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby script/plugin install not working

D32f25ab2112110cebb2ed4b86e87920?d=identicon&s=25 tispratik (Guest)
Windows OS.

Am running the following command to install authlogic. But the command
is not working. Running the script creates an empty folder named
authlogic inside /vendor/plugins directory but no files are copied
inside it.
The script runs within a millisecond and returns without an error.

ruby script/plugin install git://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic.git
--force

Does anyone know about any bug or something?

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.3.2)
actionpack (2.3.2)
activerecord (2.3.2)
activeresource (2.3.2)
activesupport (2.3.2)
capistrano (2.5.5)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
cmdparse (2.0.2)
fastthread (1.0.1)
fxri (0.3.7)
fxruby (1.6.19)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
highline (1.5.1)
hpricot (0.8.1)
linecache (0.43)
log4r (1.0.5)
mongrel (1.1.5)
mysql (2.7.3)
needle (1.3.0)
net-scp (1.0.2)
net-sftp (2.0.2)
net-ssh (2.0.11)
net-ssh-gateway (1.0.1)
ptools (1.1.6)
rails (2.3.2)
rake (0.8.7)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-ide (0.4.5)
rubygems-update (1.3.3)
sources (0.0.1)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.1)
test-unit (2.0.2)
win32-api (1.4.0)
win32-clipboard (0.5.1)
win32-dir (0.3.4)
win32-eventlog (0.5.0)
win32-file (0.6.1)
win32-file-stat (1.3.3)
win32-process (0.6.0)
win32-sapi (0.1.4)
win32-sound (0.4.1)
windows-api (0.3.0)
windows-pr (1.0.4)
On May 16, 5:53 pm, tispratik <tispra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know about any bug or something?

Do you have git installed ?

Fred
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:53 AM, tispratik <tispratik@gmail.com> wrote:

> --force
>
> Does anyone know about any bug or something?
>
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>
> [snip]

Did you try installing the gem?  For example,

gem install authlogic
D32f25ab2112110cebb2ed4b86e87920?d=identicon&s=25 tispratik (Guest)
Yes, the gem installation works. Once the gem was installed, i just
cut pasted the folder from ruby gems folder to the vendor/plugins
folder in my application and it worked !
I do not have git installed.

-Pratik
tispratik wrote:
[...]
> I do not have git installed.
>

> -Pratik

There's your problem, then!  Script/plugin will use your existing Git
client when installing from a git:// URL.  If you don't have Git
installed, it will fail silently.

Personally, I think that this silent failure is horrible from a
usability perspective, and I hope to submit a patch for it soon.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)

> Yes, the gem installation works. Once the gem was installed, i just
> cut pasted the folder from ruby gems folder to the vendor/plugins
> folder in my application and it worked !
> I do not have git installed.
>

> -Pratik

Pratik, why is it necessary to manually copy the installed gem and move
it
to vendor/plugins when
you installed it as a gem?

-Conrad