Forum: Ruby on Rails regarding info

211091e9716dd034b77256a80c9fbf94?d=identicon&s=25 Sk Kk (skk)
on 2009-05-17 10:25
Hi all ,
   I am dont know Ruby at all but I would like to learn ROR is that
possible Or I should learn ruby first after that Go for ROR...

Thanks
I started from that situation also.  I worked through the book Agile Web
Development with Rails, which starts from the assumption that you know
nothing about either, and found that an excellent introduction.  If you
do
this make sure you get the 3rd edition which uses the current version of
Rails.

Colin

9585700be7677e1fd09193c1bd8efb23?d=identicon&s=25 Cesar Diaz (cesarstafe)
From my point of view, you should know a little about Ruby code, is
better to resolve some situations where you need do pure Ruby code
inside a Rails application, so you can do a good quality of code.
Here you have the link to the ruby documentation at
http://ruby-doc.org/core/ and of course you should read some book,
this will be an advantage to resolve quickly your doubts.

Another good link here at http://rubyquiz.com/.

Good luck, Cesar

Gnu/Linux count user #416024

My github account : http://github.com/cesarediaz
Personal page : http://www.cesardiaz.com.ar
My blog : http://cesarediaz.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cesarstafe
Skype: cesarstafe
0a74cb829351fc379cc5ce1b462bd08d?d=identicon&s=25 rgravina (Guest)
On May 18, 4:02 am, César <cesare.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From my point of view, you should know a little about Ruby code, is
> better to resolve some situations where you need do pure Ruby code
> inside a Rails application, so you can do a good quality of code.

The Agile Web Development with Rails book has an appendix covering
some Ruby basics, which should be enough to get the OP started.

Also, you might like to try this quick tutorial - only takes 15 mins
and runs in your browser :)
http://tryruby.hobix.com/

Enjoy!

Robert
D32f25ab2112110cebb2ed4b86e87920?d=identicon&s=25 tispratik (Guest)
lynda.com has a good tutorial on RoR, its old but a good place to
start with.
Then you can continue with tutorialspoint.com

-Pratik