Forum: RSpec Creating an "integration controller" spec

43535083ff1d3e73e23093a471b5e98a?d=identicon&s=25 Forrest Chang (Guest)
Hi All:

So I have some longer running controller specs that interact with
outside API's that I want to move into an integration directory.  In
doing so, it seems I don't get the (possibly determined by directory?)
magic that creates a ControllerExampleGroup, but rather a
RailsExampleGroup.

How might I set this up to recognize it as a controller spec?

Thanks

Forrest
F86901feca747abbb5c6c020362ef2e7?d=identicon&s=25 Zach Dennis (zdennis)
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Forrest Chang <fkchang2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> So I have some longer running controller specs that interact with outside API's that I
want to move into an integration directory.  In doing so, it seems I don't get the
(possibly determined by directory?) magic that creates a ControllerExampleGroup, but
rather a RailsExampleGroup.

> How might I set this up to recognize it as a controller spec?

describe YourController, :type => :controller do

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com (personal)
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com (hire me)
@zachdennis (twitter)

> Hi All:
>
> So I have some longer running controller specs that interact with outside API's that I
want to move into an integration directory.  In doing so, it seems I don't get the
(possibly determined by directory?) magic that creates a ControllerExampleGroup, but
rather a RailsExampleGroup.

> How might I set this up to recognize it as a controller spec?

describe "something", :type => :controller do

Cheers,
David