Forum: GNU Radio Can we use any sampling rate in tunnel.py or benchmark_tx.py

5b956b6b52e6bd83ad6da9815f4442a4?d=identicon&s=25 Mir Ali (Guest)
Hi friends,

This question may sound stupid but I cannot really know if I am thinking
right or wrong.

Can I set the sampling rate of tunnel or benchmark_tx to be anything (of
course to those supported by the system) as I think as far as the data
rate
of USB is maintained I should be able to do that. Isn't it?

If yes, then can I just use the "-S samplingrate" option while running
the
program or is there anything more that I need to consider.

Thanks,
Ali
A183460a6345f698900d4394de8212ce?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Uher (Guest)
> If yes, then can I just use the "-S samplingrate" option while running the
> program or is there anything more that I need to consider.

benchmark_*.py files use an included set of functions called
'pick_bitrate' that will attempt to automatically decide correct
parameters given the ones you specify.  If you tell it to use a
certain number of samples per symbol it will automatically attempt to
adjust the other parameters (mainly interpolation/decimation) to make
it work.

Please see pick_bitrate.py in the same folder for more information.

Jason