Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby training? Worry no more.

6647ba282336135ec112519bbd8e3d23?d=identicon&s=25 Garfeee (Guest)
Thank you, Kevin Skoglund.

For an amazing video tutorial with Ruy on Rails Essential Training.
Really good job explaining all that matters with the simplicity it
needs to be understood by "newbies". Loved the array > pocket
metaphor.

I hereby recommend it to everyone that's starting to develop on ruby
as well as newbies to the entire webdev scene.

Link: http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=324

// garfeee

.
95922173c18f0999183970d6ad2f1d4c?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Skoglund (Guest)
Garfeee,

Thanks for the kind words and recommendation.

Ruby on Rails Essential Training is being updated for Rails v3 and
I'll be releasing a separate Ruby Essential Training soon.

Best,
Kevin
6647ba282336135ec112519bbd8e3d23?d=identicon&s=25 Garfeee (Guest)
That's great Kevin, looking forward to it.
Garfeee wrote:
> That's great Kevin, looking forward to it.

Knowing how boring lynda videos are, I wouldn't have high expectations
for this video...
On May 14, 9:26 am, Fernando Perez <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> Garfeee wrote:
> > That's great Kevin, looking forward to it.
>
> Knowing how boring lynda videos are, I wouldn't have high expectations
> for this video...

it's also over 2 years old.

Fred
6647ba282336135ec112519bbd8e3d23?d=identicon&s=25 Garfeee (Guest)
It might be 2 years old (he just said he's working on a new version),
but it sure as hell ain't boring. So far is the best video tutorial
I've watched concerning Ruby on Rails and not just Ruby on Rails for
that matter.

Fernando you should learn your facts before making assumptions. No one
will take you seriously with those arguments, it's basic philosophy.
> Fernando you should learn your facts before making assumptions. No one
> will take you seriously with those arguments, it's basic philosophy.
Lynda videos are boring to hell, I know them from College because I was
forced to watched a lot of them.

The only super interesting video in their entire library was the one
featuring the italian designer Simone Legno, which is one of the best
video on Adobe Illustrator ever produced in history. Because he shows
how to draw instead of the usual boring lynda way of explaining how each
tool works.

That's a fact right in your face. Anyway your initial post sounds
spammish...