Forum: JRuby running autotest

8d042b437b937deb92d0c51515785a19?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Volkmann (mvolkmann)
I can't get autotest to work with JRuby under cygwin, so now I'm
trying in a Windows Command Prompt.
It's having trouble with a line like this:

jruby -e "%w[test/unit test/test_parser.rb].each { |f| require f }"

It says 'f' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Any
idea why it is trying to interpret that as a Windows command?

---
Mark Volkmann
http://www.ociweb.com/mark
5a579b3ae2e98ebcc09403f38a390216?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Burke (Guest)
Probably |f| require f is being interpreted as "pipe to program 'f' and
then pipe to program 'require' with arg 'f }'." If you turn enough
echoing on in the .bat files, you should be able to find where the
problem is.

In jruby 1.1.3 (the version I have handy) it looks like _jrubyvmopts.bat
does this:

set _ARGS=%_ARGS:"=_D%

and that's where windows starts to think it needs to handle the | in the
-e string. You might be able resolve this by adding

set _ARGS=%_ARGS:|=_P%

before the line quoted earlier, and then unescaping it later.

Mark Volkmann wrote:
> Mark Volkmann
> http://www.ociweb.com/mark

Our windows batch files are admittedly hacky. We don't have a lot of
expertise in that area, so if you find something that works please
send us a patch!

Thanks,
/Nick