Forum: Ruby nokogiri 1.3.0rc1 has been released!

Be30361bb0b0c495e3077db43ad84b56?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron Patterson (Guest)
nokogiri version 1.3.0rc1 has been released!

Thanks to herculean efforts by my nokogiri partner in crime, Mike
Dalessio,
nokogiri now works on JRuby 1.3.0RC1 via FFI.

To install this prerelease gem do this:

  $ jgem install nokogiri -s http://tenderlovemaking.com/

Then you should be able to do this:

  $ jirb
  irb(main):001:0> require 'open-uri'
  => true
  irb(main):002:0> require 'rubygems'
  => true
  irb(main):003:0> require 'nokogiri'
  => true
  irb(main):004:0> doc =
Nokogiri::HTML(open('http://www.google.com/search?q=tenderlove'))
  => #<Nokogiri::HTML::Document:0xd8a125>
  irb(main):005:0> doc.css('h3.r a.l').length
  => 10
  irb(main):006:0>

== CAVEATS!

  * The JRuby FFI gem only works with JRuby 1.3.0RC1
  * You MUST install it from my gem server
  * The gem version will say 1.2.4, that is actually because I couldn't
get
    pre release gem versions working.  Don't worry, it's actually the
1.3.0
    release candidate.
  * You can get an MRI version and the JRuby version from my gem server,
no
    windows support yet.

== ACCOLADES

  * Mike made this FFI monster happen!  I can't thank him enough.
  * Thanks to the JRuby team for making FFI work!

== CHANGELOG

  * hahahahahaha
  * hahahahahahaha
  * hahahaha
  * hahahahahahahha
  * You'll get to see the acutal changes when this isn't a release
candidate
  * Or check out the git repository

== More information

  * http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri
  * http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/
Aaron Patterson wrote:
> nokogiri version 1.3.0rc1 has been released!
>
> Thanks to herculean efforts by my nokogiri partner in crime, Mike Dalessio,
> nokogiri now works on JRuby 1.3.0RC1 via FFI.

This is really awesome...thank you for the extra effort on this, and I'm
sure any implementation that supports/depends on FFI will benefit from
this effort too.

My question for the rest for the rest of the extension authors, however,
is this: how can we help you start making a move toward FFI?

- Charlie
C306d9e1df9a8b3c65830547618cc7fb?d=identicon&s=25 Aston (Guest)
________________________________
> nokogiri version 1.3.0rc1 has been released!
>
> Thanks to herculean efforts by my nokogiri partner in crime, Mike Dalessio,
> nokogiri now works on JRuby 1.3.0RC1 via FFI.

This is really awesome...thank you for the extra effort on this, and I'm
sure any implementation that supports/depends on FFI will benefit from
this effort too.

My question for the rest for the rest of the extension authors, however,
is this: how can we help you start making a move toward FFI?

- Charlie

by porting FFI to windows as well ;-)

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo!
Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox
Existing account

No account? Register here.