Forum: RSpec Extending RSpec- Best Practices?

902654bac6dff9567f018bd2ed933151?d=identicon&s=25 Nicholas Van Weerdenburg (Guest)
I'm reading the RSpec book and it makes references to macros from
shoulda
and rspec_on_rail_on_crack, but doesn't integrate them, simply
describing
how to write your own macro. I see there is the "Remarkable" project as
well.

After some more googling, I can't make up my mind if I should use these
with
RSpec or not. As I'm new to them all, I'd like to hear some
opinions/experiences in using them with recent versions.

The one knock I've heard regarding macros is that it can slant design to
fit
the macro's.

Thanks,
Nick
On 6 May 2009, at 14:52, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:

> The one knock I've heard regarding macros is that it can slant
> design to fit the macro's.

I use them quite a bit, and really like them - I factor them out of
repetitive tests to make little DSLs for testing specific things.

Can you give us a couple of examples of what you're trying to do?

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com