Forum: GNU Radio Amount of data lost per overrun in USRP1

063614dd3613cfd90b6c86b951fcf2a4?d=identicon&s=25 Karthik Vijayraghavan (Guest)
I am using a USRP1 to digitize 4 channels of data at a decimation of
32 using 2 LFRX. My computer can keep up with the digitizing for the
most part but I get a relatively small number of overruns as well. I
am using the trunk rev 10882 with default values for the fusb
parameters.

1. What is the amount of data lost per overrun?
2. Is there any way to know where exactly each of the overruns occurred?

Thanks
Karthik
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 05:40:48PM -0700, Karthik Vijayraghavan wrote:
> I am using a USRP1 to digitize 4 channels of data at a decimation of
> 32 using 2 LFRX. My computer can keep up with the digitizing for the
> most part but I get a relatively small number of overruns as well. I
> am using the trunk rev 10882 with default values for the fusb
> parameters.
>
> 1. What is the amount of data lost per overrun?

>= 1 512 byte USB packet

> 2. Is there any way to know where exactly each of the overruns occurred?

No.  The usrp library code polls the FPGA about 10 times / second to
check for overruns.

Eric