Forum: GNU Radio regarding gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz installation on windows XP

F2f24fc2dae75528fbf2f75cbf6d4ae3?d=identicon&s=25 john boon (Guest)
hi all,
       i have been following the mails and going through mail lists,
couldnt
find any information which can point me whether installation of
gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz is possible on windows XP.

i have been successfull in installing gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz on FEDORA
10
and subsequently i tried on windows XP, where it threw results of
successfull configuration of usrp and few components and not the
required
gr-usrp,gr-utils,usrp2 and other main components. Whereas with same
boost
instlation of version 38, i was able to install gnuradio-3.1.3.tar.gz.

in brief, successfull installation of gnuradio-3.1.3.tar.gz possible on
windows XP not the gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz.

My question based on the above results.

1. can gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz be installed on the windows. has anyone
tried
in this regard and succeeded ??

thanks
john
Ad84973e0d95196c6e59bed61c3f349a?d=identicon&s=25 Don Ward (Guest)
john boon wrote:

>       i have been following the mails and going through mail lists,
> couldnt
> find any information which can point me whether installation of
> gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz is possible on windows XP.

I have installed 3.2rc2 on Windows XP using Cygwin. The instructions in
the
wiki should be very close to accurate, with only minor tweaks needed
when
the 3.2 release is finalized. I did not build the usrp2, comedi, sdl, or
qtgui modules. The inband code does not link properly on Cygwin, but
this
does not stop the build of the rest of the code.

gnuradio-3.2rc2 does not build on MinGW because of the new requirement
for
an aligned malloc() function. I expect this will be fixed, or you can
work
around it. Again, I think the instructions in the wiki are pretty close.

> 1. can gnuradio-3.2rc0.tar.gz be installed on the windows. has anyone
> tried
> in this regard and succeeded ??

Yes and yes, with Cygwin, and it should be possible in time (or with
more
work) on MinGW. I have no information on other build environments.

-- Don W.