Hi, I'm reviewing ironruby-hpricot to clean up its code but I've just noticed that something has changed in IronRuby since I last tested my library. Please refer to the the following gist for a simplified test case to reproduce the problem: http://gist.github.com/105928 I'm pretty sure this was working ~1 month ago, am I doing something wrong? -- Daniele Alessandri http://www.clorophilla.net/blog/ http://twitter.com/JoL1hAHN
on 2009-05-03 12:14
on 2009-05-03 23:30
I think you need to do an explicit conversion to MutableString. The DLR used to do some automatic conversions, but now you need to be explicit. I don't know what code to use so you will have to wait until someone who knows that can reply...
on 2009-05-04 19:39
A couple of issues: 1) As Shri said, the return type of a site must be Object. 2) You shouldn't be creating a new site (and also not a shared one) in each invocation of the method. Instead, use one of the CallSiteStorages defined in CallSiteStorages.cs as the first parameter. You can search in the built-ins for examples of usage. Tomas
on 2009-05-04 20:29
Hi Tomas, 1) Oh, I see. I didn't know that, and the fact that it was working with previous versions of IR just misleaded me. 2) Indeed, I know it was wrong to create a new site on each invocation and that's exactly why I'm reviewing the oldest bits of code that actually interact with IronRuby to clean up everything and do it the right way :-) Thanks! On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 19:39, Tomas Matousek <Tomas.Matousek@microsoft.com> wrote: > Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] TypeError thrown in DynamicMetaObjectBinder.Bind > I'm reviewing ironruby-hpricot to clean up its code but I've just > http://www.clorophilla.net/blog/ > > _______________________________________________ > Ironruby-core mailing list > Ironrubyemail@example.com > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core > -- Daniele Alessandri http://www.clorophilla.net/blog/ http://twitter.com/JoL1hAHN