Forum: GNU Radio Re: Weired GNURADIO Performance

3d593de8acbe2510722af740d8668352?d=identicon&s=25 Firas Abbas (Guest)

> On Sat, 5/2/09, Andrew Lutomirski <luto@mit.edu> wrote:
> I can speculate: some versions of Ubuntu (i.e. all the ones
> I've actually looked at) seem to build fftw *without* SSE/SSE2.
>
> --Andy

Do FFTW have a function we can use to read if it is using SSE/SSE2?. If
exist, we can add a small program to gnuradio to warn about the missing
of it.

Best Regards,

Firas
287db267f16cb26430934ea36168e6b3?d=identicon&s=25 Mattias Kjellsson (Guest)
Firas Abbas wrote:

> Do FFTW have a function we can use to read if it is using SSE/SSE2?. If exist, we can
add a small program to gnuradio to warn about the missing of it.

I think there is a function for that, but since I couldn't remember it,
I went to fftw.org and I found this:

"SSE, AltiVec, and MIPS PS only work with |--enable-float| (above),
while SSE2 only works in double precision (the default). The resulting
code will /still work/ on earlier CPUs lacking the SIMD extensions (SIMD
is automatically disabled, although the FFTW library is still larger)."

The default fftw is using double precision, but I have a feeling that
the build- wiki for gnuradio sugested single- precision...

//Mattias