Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails Certification

Bd1401a749079bb76d21fd814a4a1d87?d=identicon&s=25 shusseina (Guest)
Is there any Ruby on Rails certification available for RoR developers?

I am thinking of getting into RoR development, but would like to get
certified if possible so I have something to stick on my resume.

Thanks
675475d0b65710be6d992eb5eb2c61c2?d=identicon&s=25 Gregory Seidman (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 07:16:45PM -0700, shusseina wrote:
> Is there any Ruby on Rails certification available for RoR developers?
>
> I am thinking of getting into RoR development, but would like to get
> certified if possible so I have something to stick on my resume.

No respected Rails certification currently exists. Realistically, few
respected certifications exist in the software development field as a
whole. If someone offers you a Rails certification, feel free to spend
money and put it on your resume. Do not expect positive results.

> Thanks
--Greg
Fac81a9d95c81d817a2debb6f717f3ac?d=identicon&s=25 Sazima (Guest)
Or you o can take a practical approach, write software, show results!
Perhaps contribute to the rails community with a plugin or something.

Cheers, Sazima
Stick on your resume the URL of your github or open source projects'
page and rails related blog, that's worth any certification.
Fac81a9d95c81d817a2debb6f717f3ac?d=identicon&s=25 Sazima (Guest)
Recommendations at http://www.workingwithrails.com are also worthy

On May 1, 12:59 pm, Fernando Perez <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>